Address:

William Patten Primary School
Stoke Newington Church Street
London N16 0NX

View on map

Contact:

020 7254 4014

Email school

Follow us:

William Patten Primary School

Close

Dear parents,

We have made it to the end of term and I am very glad to be writing that! We have reached the holiday in one piece! I know that everyone is looking forward to a well-deserved break and will hopefully be able to spend time with family.

COVID-19 holiday protocol
If your child develops any of the main symptoms associated with COVID-19 over the holiday (a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss or change to their smell or sense of taste), government guidance states that they will need to get a test. If the result is positive, I need to be informed straight away via my email: klaw@williampatten.hackney.sch.uk
If this happens before the 24th December, it is imperative that I am informed so that I can let any relevant year groups know. This will enable them to self-isolate for the required period of time and staff will also be following this protocol.

Christmas shows
The children were able to watch the shows yesterday as part of a party day. The performances are delightful and I know that families will really enjoy watching them. The performances have been put on Google classroom, under the heading ‘School Celebration’.
I would like to say a brilliant well done and thank you to the children, the staff teams in each year group and Brock the filmmaker, who has edited hours of footage. A huge, massive thank you to the wonderful, extremely talented Alison, for somehow making sure our children did not miss out and were able to perform in the 2020 Christmas show! Alison, you are amazing!

Hackney Food Bank and Spitalfields Crypt Trust
Parents donated £1060 which is such a huge amount and will be shared equally between the two charities. Thank you to everyone who donated for your generosity.

Thank you to staff and parents
I would like to thank the entire staff team for making this term so successful. I think we should all be incredibly proud of what we have achieved this term. In September, we had no idea how everything was going to pan out and it could have been very different.

We have been so fortunate with staff absence, with so few people being unwell. If anyone was, the rest of the team stepped in to support, like magic. All staff have worked together to make sure we have been able to maintain our incredibly high standards and also to ensure that our safety standards have not been compromised. Therefore we have been able to keep our school community as safe as we possibly can. The children have really enjoyed being back at school and have had a super time.

I would like to offer my sincere thanks to staff for everything they have done this term and for the commitment they have shown to the children and families. I am also grateful for the support they have shown to each other and to me. Although it appeared quite seamless, I am under no illusion as to how hard it has been and I hope that everyone will now be able to put their feet up and rest!

A huge thank you to parents too for your support and trust you have shown in us. We have had extremely high attendance levels from children, which reflects the faith you have in us and the systems we have put in place to keep everyone as safe as we can. Your messages and gestures of support throughout the term have meant so much in these difficult times (and have kept us going!)

For those families leaving us this term, we are so very sorry to see you go and we will miss you! We wish you happiness and joy in your new adventures and please do keep in touch. You are always welcome to call in and say hello, and to have a cup of tea and a chat. It would be lovely to see you. Remember, once a part of WP, always a part of WP.

Wishing all our families a happy Christmas and a restful holiday.

We look forward to seeing everyone back in school on Monday 4th January 2021.

Best wishes
Karen