We are so sorry that our children are unable to return to school today, due to the Tier 4 COVID-19 restrictions, which prevent London primary schools from opening until 18th January. We will miss them and hope that we can all safely return to school soon.
We would like to explain the provision we will offer during these two weeks.
Google Meet information
• Every child will have a daily 15 minute online session with their class teacher, using Google Meet. During these sessions, teachers would briefly greet and chat with the children and then explain the literacy and maths tasks for the day or clarify any questions the children may have. This link will be sent by the end of today and the SAME link can be used everyday to link to this meeting. Please find below the timetable for the daily class session
Time Class / Year group *denotes sessions to take place simultaneously as there are no siblings across the year group
• This link will be open from 9:00 – 3:30pm Monday -Friday. If children or parents have any significant questions for their teacher about their work, then they can use the chat option to link to their teacher. This facility is not to be used for the children to chat to each other or the teacher, as they can do that on Google Classroom. This is being provided so if a child needs additional support regarding their work they can ask, or if the parent needs to ask the teacher question regarding the work, the teacher is available to support. If a question is asked, the teacher will respond within a 30 minute timeframe. They will not respond to any questions between their lunchtime of 12.30 – 1.30pm.
• At least once a week, children will receive a call from one of our lovely TAs, where they will ask children how they are, find out how remote learning is going and continue to develop children’s link with William Patten. Please be prepared for a call from William Patten or a withheld number. If they are not able to speak to the child, they will try again.
• TAs will upload stories to Google Classroom, so that children can enjoy listening to them read.
Week Commencing 4.1.21
• By 6pm on 4.1.21, class teachers will upload children’s literacy, maths and creative activities for the week. Children will have four literacy, four maths and a creative mat with lots of creative activities to explore, there will also be a brief announcement to explain the week’s activities. This work is due by the end of the week 8.1.21.
Week Commencing 11.1.21
• By 6pm on 10.1.21, class teachers will upload children’s literacy, maths and creative activities for the week. Children will have five literacy, five maths and a creative mat with lots of creative activities to explore, there will also be a brief announcement to explain the week’s activities. This work is due by the end of the week 15.1.21.
For both weeks
• Teachers will explain the day’s literacy, maths and creative activities during their daily Google Meeting.
• Teachers will mark work uploaded to google classroom.
• At 3pm every day, children will be able to listen to one of the year group’s teachers reading a story during story time!
• When the class teacher has their PPA day, then their usual PPA teacher (Kate, Nancy or Claire) will be responsible for Google Meetings and marking work on Google Classroom.
• Children that are still part of the RWI Phonics Scheme ( Reception and KS1 children) will have work allocated to them on their RWI Google Classroom. Children will need to upload a video or an audio of their child reading their RWI Storybook.
• Children that require Key Worker provision, will be assisted to complete their Google Classroom work in school.
In addition to the above, children will be able to access Word-of-the Week Assemblies, the introduction to Language of the Month, Alison’s music assemblies and maths challenges from Craig on Google Classroom.
In the week beginning 11.1.21, the children will still be nominated for Kindness awards, Super Achiever awards( EYFS) and Head teacher’s awards ( Y1 – Y6). Work by the children across the school will be shared on the school Instagram account william_patten_ school_n16
Please find attached a list of additional resources that parents may also find useful to support remote learning.
I apologise for the length of this email, but there is a lot of information to share!
If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me.