Address:

William Patten Primary School
Stoke Newington Church Street
London N16 0NX

View on map

Contact:

020 7254 4014

Email school

Follow us:

William Patten Primary School

Close

Dear Parents,

It is hugely disappointing that children have been unable to return to school as planned today due to the Tier 4 COVID-19 restrictions, which prevent London primary schools from opening until 18th January. We have sent you several emails today explaining the remote education that we will offer, Google Meet links to meet with your class teacher every day and also a list on online resources which you may find useful.

This email is to explain how we will continue to teach reading during school closure. All work will be allocated on the Rec RWI Google Classroom, which your child already has access to.

I have allocated online videos from our Virtual Classroom, which match the content of children’s usual RWI lessons. These are either to support assisted or independent blending and spelling. In addition to these resources, Clare and Marion’s Groups will continue to be allocated RWI Ditties.

Ditties will be allocated every two school days.

When children watch the RWI videos and read their RWI Storybook, please take and upload a photo or make a video, and then click ‘MARK AS DONE’ to show me that children have read their book.

If you can’t upload a video or a photo, and your child has watched the video or read the story, then please just click ‘MARK AS DONE’.

It is REALLY helpful to know that children have read their storybook or watched the video, so that I can continue to allocate RWI resources on Google Classroom.

If you have any questions about RWI or if I can help in anyway, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards and I hope to see you all again soon,

Maria Sullivan
Assistant Head Teacher, EYFS and RWI Lead.