The school benefits greatly from all sorts of parental help and children really appreciate their parents’ involvement. In fact, we welcome all members of the school community – grandparents, aunts and uncles too!
- Disclaimer – at the moment we are still restricted due to covid protocols but are slowly welcoming volunteers back into school.
There are many ways in which families and carers can help during the school day, including:
- Classroom help – teachers particularly appreciate help with reading, providing additional help during workshops etc. or indeed anything that parents would like to be involved in. Regular help is particularly useful, and for parents able to offer this, we provide some training in several areas of the curriculum.
- Using your particular talents/knowledge in lessons – teachers may send out a request relating to a particular curriculum topic for a specific expertise or skill, e.g. a scientific or artistic ability. Why not share your knowledge or enthusiasm?
- Accompanying classes on trips and visits – to the local library, outings, swimming, etc. Parental help is vital and where it is not available, trips sometimes have to be cancelled.
- We particularly welcome parents, grandparents and friends on special days like – Passport Day, Big Arts Day, Sports Days, and International Evening. These events would not be the same without you!
If you are able to offer help of this kind, please let your child’s class teacher know.
If there’s something else you could do in the school – no matter how little time you may have – please get in touch! The office staff will give you a volunteer form.