At William Patten, we are committed to creating and maintaining a safe and secure environment for children, staff, volunteers and visitors. We promote a climate where children and adults will feel confident about sharing any concerns which they may have about their own safety or the well-being of others.
Designated Senior Person for Safeguarding Children:
Deputy Senior Persons for Safeguarding Children:
Karen Law, Craig Porteous, Maria Sullivan & Caitlin Shaw
Nominated Governor responsible for Child Protection:
For urgent Child Protection/Safeguarding advice:
- Multi Agency Safeguarding Hubs (MASH) – 0208 356 5500
(the phone line is open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
- Outside of these hours, please contact the Emergency Duty Team on 020 8356 2710
- NSPCC whistle-blowing helpline – 0800 028 0285
Referral email address:
What is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Safeguarding children and child protection guidance and legislation applies to all children up to the age of 18.
What is Child Protection?
Child Protection is part of Safeguarding and promoting welfare. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specfic children who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm.